The Entrepreneurship and Empowerment initiative of Nigeria Summit 2018, was held in partnership with University of Lagos and Kwara State university on the 1st of October 2018, successful entrepreneurs like Oba Federick Akinrutan CEO Obat petroleum, Chief Mrs Alaba Lawson (President NACCIMA), Mrs Toyin F. Sanni CEO Emerging Africa Capital and facilitators like Dr Murtala Awodun (Chairman of the Kwara state internal revenue service), Unilag VC Oluwatoyin Ogundipe, Professor Folashade Ogunsola Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Development Services, Mr sunday Adebisi (Director center of Entrepreneurship and skill development UNILAG) , and many more were present and divided into 4 panelists in which over 2000 young entrepreneurs were taken through over 10 topics sensitized on entrepreneurship, challenges and pitfall on to address them.
- Market creation, Demarkating Re-marketing (creative destruction)
- Inherent opportunity and imminent challenges that accompany entreprise creation in Nigeria
- The Need for proactive and pragmatic approach in entreprenurship development in Nigeria
- The need for creativity and innovation in entrepreneurship development
- How to access Finance for your business through the Bank of industry
A concluded number of them have sent in their business proposal to access funding. The summit had professionals, academicians, and renowned entrepreneurs and other reputable companies and media partners) in which many youths who were present at the summit had a rethink of what being an entrepreneur entails.